An Invitation to those who do not have a Church
Some years ago, it was reported in Christianity Today that 52% of Christians in America do not attend any church. That number has risen, and rather sharply, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In response to that it occurred to me and our other pastors to welcome those without a church to be part of our Miller Avenue Baptist Church here in Mill Valley, California, in whatever way possible.
Following are ways to join us:
- Sunday morning services (10:30 a.m. Pacific) are live streamed via Zoom. Here is the weekly link for that: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/974567942
- The Sunday morning service is also recorded, with the video of the services available on our website: milleravenuechurch.org.
- The Sunday sermon is
also available (under “Miller Avenue Church”) as an audio podcast at:
- Amazon Music/Audible
- Google Play Music
- Audacy mobile app
- Libsyn Classic Feed
- Sunday evening service (6:00 p.m. Pacific) is in transition, currently local and showing episodes of “The Chosen” followed by discussion. When it is Zoomed, the link is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81686492941
- Tuesday night studies (6:00 p.m. Pacific) are only via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81978901770?
We are currently working through Kent’s book, Christian Basics, which is as it sounds—a look at the basic lessons, debates, and conversations around historical Christianity. Here is a link to Kent’s author page at Amazom.com: Click Here
We are very active in producing Christian content videos:
- “The Bible Study”—verse by verse through books of the Bible
- “Why We Are Christians”—interviews with Christians of various backgrounds
- “Why Jesus and Not the Others”—includes four series so far: with an Imam, a Rabbi, a Shaman, and a Wiccan
These are all available at our website (milleravenuechurch.org/watch-our-tv-shows) and via our free app “Miller Avenue Church” at:
- iPhone App Store
- Android phone Play Store
- YouTube TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/miller.avenue.church.mill.valley
The Bible Study program is also available as audio-only podcast at:
- Spotify Podcasts
- TuneIn Podcasts
- Google Play Podcasts
In August we began sending out certificates of membership to those who identify with us but lived in other parts of the country. The first batch was for fifteen old and new friends.
To be a member of CWC — A Church for those Without a Church — requires two things: One, to trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord, and two, to believe that the Bible is the written Word of God. This is simple, basic Christianity.
We also intend to offer pastoral ministry to those who live away from our Marin County and thus would have little or no opportunity to talk with one of our pastors. We have five pastors: Kent Philpott, Katie Philpott, Vernon Philpott, Jim Daley, and Doug Fairclough. For those wishing to contact one of our pastors, simply let us know by emailing: email@example.com
To see much more, please go to our website, milleravenuechurch.org and browse around. If you would like to talk with me on the phone, call me at (415) 302-1199, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, you can see most of my books by going to Amazon.com and typing in my name or going to my author page:
There is no requirement to send in tithes or offerings.