Greeting & To the Churches of Galatia
Find a quiet place, alone and apart from distractions. Recite the Lord’s Prayer. Pray for family, friends, neighbors, and yourself. Slowly and carefully read the passage above and the Bible passages listed under the title, “Scripture Reading.”
1. Paul, being sent out with a message, so an apostle, and this by and through Jesus Christ and God the Father. Paul states also that the Father raised the Son from the dead.
2. Verse two makes it clear that there are other “brothers” with him who also greet the Galatians.
3. Verse three has been referred to as the “Passing of the Peace,” and which we begin our worship service with.
4. In verse four Paul states the core of our Christian faith, that Jesus gave Himself up on the cross for our sake, which has the power to deliver us from the “present evil age.” And all this according to the will and purpose of the Father.
5. The opening greeting concludes by stating that all glory will be to Father, and this forever and ever.